Sunday, May 5, 2013

April 9, 2013

What does one wear to meet their surgeon for the first time...?
Would a "My Cupcakes Bring All the Boys to the Yard" t-shirt be inappropriate?
UPDATE:
Met with my surgeon (Dr. Thompson) and my Nurse Navigator (Carla). It was basically a meet & greet, as well as loading us up with TONS of information and scheduling of appointments. Here’s what we know for sure:

The mass is 3.8 cm. That’s important, because to me it seemed like it was 3.8 INCHES!
The cancer I have is called, “Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)”. It’s the most common type of brea...st cancer.
My cancer is hormone receptor-positive. That means the cancer relies on hormones in order to grow. About 2 out of 3 breast cancers are hormone receptor-positive.

We will have a better idea of what the next step as far as treatment goes, when we meet with the oncologist (Dr. Stevenson) on Friday. We’ll also meet with the radiation oncologist on Friday (Dr. Kurohara) – just covering all of our bases.

So, that about covers it for now. I will admit that I am pretty wiped out from the information overload. So glad that my hubby was there with me though! ♥


Prayer request for today: That this stupid cancer is ONLY in the stupid lump and nowhere else. Also for renewed strength and courage as I mentally and emotionally prepare for Friday's appointments.



(Funny story about my surgeon, Dr. Thompson... At the meeting yesterday, Dave and I were each thinking that the doctor seemed REALLY familiar, even the sound of his voice. It wasn't until we left his office, that we realized he had operated on Dave about 6 years ago!! I know I'm in good hands now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment